Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day

Last year on Mother's Day, I felt Addalie move for the very first time which was such a special gift. But this year of course, was even better. =)

Scott let me sleep a little longer than usual while he got Addalie up & fed her. When I came downstairs, there were not 1, but 2 dozen long stem red roses!
And, the sweetest card. (i almost started crying) the words inside were very sweet, & Scott had Addalie's hand prints painted on the inside of the card. (Little did I know that when I was sleeping, the 2 of them were downstairs working on this art project.) Scott said it was a near disaster. Try painting w/a very active 6 month old! So special!


Then, he made me breakfast & we headed off to church.

In the evening we had my mom, Scott's parents, grandparents, brother & his wife here for dinner. Doug & Mandi & Scott & I prepared the meal. It was a feast. We had a yummy bacon/egg spinach salad-(tina's recipe), fresh rolls, fillet mignon with a crab cake & cream sauce on top. Steamed broccoli & cauliflour & gourmet potatoes. For dessert we had a chocolate tiramasu w/strawberries.


It was a joy to be able to honor & celebrate w/our mothers.


Doug, Karen, & Scott (2 bros missing)


Addalie & Great Grandma Kreider


My mom

It is also such a blessing to have Addalie in our life. I know that children are gifts from God & completely ordained by Him. I am so privilaged to be a mom. The sweetness of our "miracle child" is deeper every day.


silly face little girl.......

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

how sweet....you go scott!...hehe....what a sweet pic of you and addalie......you are a great mom and deserved it all :):)

~moriah

Anonymous said...

happy mothers day angela. i rejoice with you that this mothers day you have sweet addalie in your arms, what a miracle baby and precious gift. you've waited long for this moment, revel in it! hope your first mothers day was all you hoped for! i love you.

ps - nice job on the card scott, so creative and precious.

Jena said...

Happy mother's day ang!

Blog Archive