Apparently we mulched at the horribly "perfect" time & these little things had just what they needed to MASS reproduce! It feels like a plague! I have been pulling almost every day for the past 3 weeks & STILL have millions left to pull. Yes, we have tried spraying them....it might be working just a tiny tiny bit....But for some reason these things seem to be outliving the Round-up. Plus, every bed that I have conquered, has tons of new growth, & you can't even tell I've pulled. Am I complaining??? =) I'm sure in my heart & to my husband I've done my fair share. (He is also on this weed-pulling team) But I continue to try & see what it is that the Lord is trying to teach me through this. Patience, Endurance, & How NOT to complain are just a few. I love being outside so usually this mindless job helps me to slow down in the midst of a busy day & have some time to reflect. And if this lasts all summer, I know that eventually winter will come & they will take care of themselves. Until then, I'll be outside trying to win this battle.
Thursday, June 12, 2008
a forest
Okay, so maybe I am going a little over board by posting this, but this is what I have been up to. Pulling Weeds! Every single one of our flower beds is covered w/these little "trees".

Apparently we mulched at the horribly "perfect" time & these little things had just what they needed to MASS reproduce! It feels like a plague! I have been pulling almost every day for the past 3 weeks & STILL have millions left to pull. Yes, we have tried spraying them....it might be working just a tiny tiny bit....But for some reason these things seem to be outliving the Round-up. Plus, every bed that I have conquered, has tons of new growth, & you can't even tell I've pulled. Am I complaining??? =) I'm sure in my heart & to my husband I've done my fair share. (He is also on this weed-pulling team) But I continue to try & see what it is that the Lord is trying to teach me through this. Patience, Endurance, & How NOT to complain are just a few. I love being outside so usually this mindless job helps me to slow down in the midst of a busy day & have some time to reflect. And if this lasts all summer, I know that eventually winter will come & they will take care of themselves. Until then, I'll be outside trying to win this battle.
Apparently we mulched at the horribly "perfect" time & these little things had just what they needed to MASS reproduce! It feels like a plague! I have been pulling almost every day for the past 3 weeks & STILL have millions left to pull. Yes, we have tried spraying them....it might be working just a tiny tiny bit....But for some reason these things seem to be outliving the Round-up. Plus, every bed that I have conquered, has tons of new growth, & you can't even tell I've pulled. Am I complaining??? =) I'm sure in my heart & to my husband I've done my fair share. (He is also on this weed-pulling team) But I continue to try & see what it is that the Lord is trying to teach me through this. Patience, Endurance, & How NOT to complain are just a few. I love being outside so usually this mindless job helps me to slow down in the midst of a busy day & have some time to reflect. And if this lasts all summer, I know that eventually winter will come & they will take care of themselves. Until then, I'll be outside trying to win this battle.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
- August (2)
- July (9)
- June (3)
- May (12)
- April (3)
- March (10)
- February (13)
- January (10)
- December (9)
- November (7)
- October (10)
- September (12)
- August (13)
- July (6)
- June (12)
- May (10)
- April (13)
- March (16)
- February (8)
- January (11)
- December (8)
- November (11)
- October (18)
- September (38)
- August (12)
- July (21)
- June (16)
- May (15)
- April (11)
- March (9)
- February (10)
- January (6)
- December (9)
- November (13)
- October (13)
- September (7)
- August (10)
- July (10)
- June (9)
- May (14)
- April (5)
- March (5)
- February (5)
- January (5)
- December (6)
- November (2)
- October (7)
- September (7)
- August (12)
- July (5)
- June (11)
- May (8)
- April (10)
- March (8)
- February (8)
2 comments:
Holy smokes Ang! I hate weeding that would be the death of me (I obviously need a lesson in endurance as well)
PREEN! Have you tried that? Just a thought.
Just a note of encouragement....Sorry, but trees are preannuals, they only loose their leaves in the winter. That means they will be smiling at you again next spring unless you send them to tree heaven.
Post a Comment