Thursday, August 7, 2008

Mid-Summer's Nite

Yesterday afternoon Scott told me that I didn't have to make dinner (yeah!) because he had somewhere that he wanted to take Addalie & I. I was supposed to get our picnic basket & be ready by 5:30. He also said that we were going to order Chinese...but that is all I knew. So, while I DO NOT like surprises, I DO like adventure, being spontaneous, picnicing, & NOT having to cook dinner so I was happy to let him lead the way with his secret plan.
We ended up at "The Conestoga House & Gardens." It is the old Steinman mansion on Marietta Pike. (why did I not know that this place existed???) The gardens are open to the public (for free) on Wednesdays during the summer from 1-8pm. They have some tables set up & lounge chairs at various places. It kinda felt like a park. We ate by the pool. It was beautiful! Quite romantic! (even w/a 9 month old wiggle worm.)




4 comments:

Unknown said...

You guys put us to shame. :) mis.

Anonymous said...

thanks for a good idea. after seeing your pictures i told clark we MUST go. (although i think without a two year old toddler running all about, although your evening still looked enjoyable with baby in tote.) it looks beautiful, relaxing & amazing.

so good to see you yesterday.

tines said...

go scott! that place looks beautiful! what a fun eve for you guys! next time drop A off at our house! xo

Teresa said...

What a hidden treasure the Conestoga House is. Buddy and I went last night, just to walk around. But he said he would like to go back with dinner sometime. I think that would be a great place to go and have a short personal retreat. I can't imagine it's too crowded in the early afternoon. You got some great pictures, too. Way to go, Scott!

Blog Archive