Last weekend our church had a marriage conference. It was held at The Hershey Lodge & it was so wonderful! We were able to spend time with some of our closest friends & hear fantastic teachings on marriage. The speakers were so challenging but also full of grace. I was reminded of how much mercy I have received from the Lord & because of that I need to be quick to show mercy to Scott (& others) even in their weaknesses. There were 5 sessions & I would highly recommend listening to a few of them. Go to http://www.mercy4marriage.org/ under MP3. My favorites were "God's Mercy-My Marriage" by Dave Harvey & "Mercy & The Antisocial Nature of Sin" by Paul Tripp. Scott wasn't able to be there the entire time because he was at market so I did some solo sessions & during our free time I went to the outlets & then the spa at Hotel Hershey!
we didn't get any pictures of the 2 of us (that i liked) at the conference, .....but in honor of the marriage theme, i thought i should at least find a semi-recent one of us.
we got to have breakfast w/3 of our closest friend-couples!
this is ~jamie, lyndon & baby myla
dwayne & tina
Scott & I have felt SO BLESSED to be in our church. http://www.crosswaypa.org/ We started attending right after we were married & have been so taken care of through solid biblical preaching, accountability, practical help, & love. We are thankful!
*thank you grandmothers for taking care of Addalie. i knew that she was being WELL taken care of!
2 comments:
Precious. Can't wait to listen to some of that when I get a minute. :) We are running off to the mountins this weekend with our sunday school class, no kids, well...little Calli is coming! Hope it's fun. Take care. OH, and I am soooo glad you fit that spa in for yourself. :) Mis.
i stole that pic of all of us & saved it on my computer...hope that's ok. and the one of me & my food-cheek hubby at b-fast. so fun hanging w/ you guys. such good friends we have! xo
Post a Comment