Last week we flew to Oregon. My cousin & his family
http://fourdayswest.blogspot.com/ are living out there for 18 months. This is the same (crazy) cousin that Scott & 2 of his brothers go on a skiing trip with every winter. This year Addalie & I were "allowed" to come along & hang out. A couple of days before we left for our cross-country trip, Addalie came down with 104 degree temp. I debated on going & talked to a few doctors & decided to go anyways. She had her fever (ranging from 101-104) the ENTIRE time we were there. Plus there was a 3 hr. time difference which made sleeping interesting. Needless to say she was grouchy & didn't sleep well at night. Due to flying with a fever she ended up w/a double ear infection (which we are still fighting) But, that is not the point of this post......Oregon is... Despite all of Addalie's unhappy moments & the amount of energy it took to entertain a 1 yr. old on the plane for 8 1/2 hrs., we had a great time! The guys (Scott, Todd, my cousin Dave & another friend Taylor) skied for 2 days. I spent a lot of time with Lil (cousins wife) who is a fabulous cook & mother of 4. I tried to glean as much knowledge from her that I could...including recipes & parenting advice. =)
We had such a relaxing time playing lots of games, eating amazing food, taking walks, watching movies/24, bowling, enjoying the scenery etc.

Addalie was in her glory w/4 fun kids constantly by her side. She has been going through withdrawal since we got home.

the most fun i've ever had bowling! (lil & i beat the guys! ask me about that story sometime!)

josiah would regularly take his ruler out to the porch & measure the snow accumulation.
games!

Britt & Dave
a beautiful river right down the road from their house.
Lil & I took turns carrying 27 pound Addalie up the hill!
Such fun fun fun memories! Come home soon Nissleys!
No comments:
Post a Comment