Friday, May 8, 2009

Mothers Day

For the past 5 or so years, Mother's Day has been bittersweet for me. The hardest holiday of the year for sure & lots of tears (for sure!) Two years ago, I was pregnant with Addalie on Mother's Day & it was so special because that was the FIRST time that I felt her move. Last year on Mother's Day I was pregnant again, but didn't know it yet. And this year, as we are walking through some of the same things that we did before Addalie came along, I am trying to remind myself that God 's plan for our family is His best. I feel like He is doing very specific things in my heart & using this as a tool to work in us. As much as Scott & I would love for Addalie to have siblings....(she won't possibly be an only child will she??? she is already so spoiled...this can't be good. =)) we don't know what our future holds & that is probably the hardest part in all of it. Every day, I quietly & inwardly wrestle with my flesh & thoughts & at the same time, I rejoice & relish in the gift that He has given us. Motherhood is the best earthly thing that I have experienced thus far...(apart from marriage) & if Addalie is the only child that God entrusts us with, she is far more than we could have imagined. She is a gift & as the months go by, I am reminded that she is a miracle.







7 comments:

Anonymous said...

i often think of you on Mothers Day, we can probably relate in a few ways. We both have been blessed with beautiful daughters and have much to rejoice over. May you feel peace and rest today. I continue to pray God's best over you life and family.
Happy Day.

Anonymous said...

ps - we saw k & K and little ads at the creamery last nigh. a was adorable and so friendly, all though I think i was a little over the top for her, she jut keep looking at me, with this smirk on her face and huge grin. like she was thinking, "who the heck is this gal, she is too much!"

Moriah Freeman said...

shes so cute ang! thanks for sharing!. i will be praying for u!. YOU ARE THE BEST MOM FOR THAT LITTLE GIRL!!! :) :)

Jena said...

I think Mother's Day, while a blessed day, is difficult for many... thinking of you guys so often, as I drive by on my way to Janelle's, my doctor, and the library...

Unknown said...

hey girl...good to hang out last night. precious post. i struggle with my children not getting "enough" of my attention, and you talk about spoiling Addalie. what a balance. :) i will pray for you...i have never experienced the things you have, and wrestle with, so can say nothing but, i will pray for you...for peace, favor, and joy. mis.

tines said...

praying and love you tons. xo

Just a little something from Judy said...

Ang, I can totally relate to your post on this day. Why???? because I had Jeane', then 3 years later I had an ectopic pregnancy and I nearly lost my life(so they tell me), then I finally got pregnant again and this time I miscarried. Meanwhile, ALL my friends and some of my family were having more babies. I do know first hand, that pain. When Jeane' turned 7 years old, I finally came to terms with the fact that she would be our only child. Since I had lost a tube during my ruptured ectopic pregnancy, they said our chances of another pregnancy were very slim. So we began to look at Jeane' like our only child, with the same worries that you have, that she will be spoiled. At the end of the next year, I discovered I was finally pregnant...what a shock. Then I was concerned that my girls would be too far apart in age to be good friends...wrong again. As you know 2 1/2 years later I got pregnant again. Now they are all good friends. I have no idea how and why God works as He does in each of our lives, but I do know that His ways are always best. I care, deeply care about what you are going through, and I just wanted to let you know. For now, your little girl is soooooooooooo adorable!! I love seeing all of the pictures.

Blog Archive