

*our team*

They had lots of fun activities for kids. Even though A missed her nap, she was a happy camper!


Snack Time-
They had lots of diabetic-friendly snacks.
It was fun to be with lots of other diabetics & feel a common bond with so many people all at once. I've had diabetes for 11 years and it is *always* in the back of my mind. From first thing in the morning when I wake up to the last thing I am thinking about when I go to bed. Where are my sugars?? Are they going up? Are they going down? I just wiped up my kitchen floor...will my sugars crash? What did I eat & how is that food going to effect me in a few hours?? How will a stressful situation or just simply "crying" effect my sugars? When is my next meal? If I'm leaving the house, do I have sugar with me "just in case"? Not to mention trying to keep track of all my different supplies, prescriptions, insurance stuff & doctors appts. It is all consuming & even after 11 years, it can still throw me for a loop......or throw me onto the couch for a few hours...but it is in my life & God uses it to keep me reliant on Him & to be sensitive to others with physical limitations. His strength is made known in my weaknesses!
So all that to say, this walk meant a lot to me.
Thank you for those of you who supported me! & THANK YOU to Scott for walking with me. Scott, I know that diabetes affects your life too.....Thank you for taking care of me by searrrccchhhing (& paying) for good health insurance & for slowing down when I can't keep up! Your support means so much.

2 comments:
what a precious post. we had hoped to show up and walk WITH you, and time got away from us. our apologies. :( thanks for the sweet glimpse into your life. i know i take a lot for granted everyday...you are so special! mis.
yes, great post Ang. that pic of Adds with the Barnstormer guy is classic. so cute, but she has a bit of a frightened look on her face. looked like a great day. i really admire how you walk through life w/ your diabetes. xoxo
Post a Comment