Thursday, December 24, 2009

!merry CHRISTmas!


My mom found this nativity with her Christmas things. My grandma Stutzman had made it (many years ago =)) for my sister & I to play with. Addalie LOVES it! It's perfect because it's made out of fabric & can't break. We have it sitting under our tree & not only is it for Addalie, but it's also been good for me. Every time I walk past the tree & see the nativity w/all of beautifully wrapped presents surrounding it, I am reminded of the CENTER of this special holiday! JESUS!
Adds is so fascinated by Baby Jesus! She cannot wait to celebrate His birthday. She wonders....
"Will Baby Jesus have 2 candles on His cake like Addie did for her birthday?". (we are going to have to find "something" to put candles in on Christmas Eve/Day.)
"Can we give Baby Jesus balloons for His birthday?"
"Does Baby Jesus live far far away? As far away as my Baby sister in China?"
"Do we need an airplane to visit Baby Jesus?"
"Baby Jesus came out of Mary's belly."
"Can Addie hold Baby Jesus on His birthday?" ......& on & on...It is hard to explain things to her in a way that she can understand...she just turned 2! Never the less, it has been & will be so special to celebrate HIS birth this year as a family.


At preschool they had a special Christmas Party complete with a lady from the church who came & sang Christmas Songs with the kids at the piano. Most of the kids were running around the room. For some reason, Addalie thought the lady needed help & she crawled right up beside her & started "playing" too. The lady was so gracious as she kept right on playing about 5 or 6 songs all with Addalies "help". (Addalie was beaming) Maybe I should have gotten her off of the bench, but no one seemed to mind...& Addalie truly thought that she was playing the beautiful music.

Her teacher "Miss Leigh"......whom she LOVES! (I love her too..I get to help in the class on a regular basis & Miss Leigh is amazing with the kids.)


*our fridge* (this isn't even all of them!)
We are SO blessed to call you all friends & family!
MERRY MERRY CHRISTMAS!

1 comment:

Kendra said...

Miss Leigh is the mom of one of Kambell's best friends at school!! I new she taught preschool somewhere but I didn't know that she is Addalie's teacher!! Crazy!

Blog Archive