6/18/08
I will never forget that date. I think it will forever be in my head. 2 years ago today Addalie had surgery. She was almost 8 months old. It was such a scary time for me....The surgery took hours ( I forget how many but it felt like YEARS as Scott & I sat in the waiting room & waited for news of how it went.) It was a very delicate procedure!!!!
The picture below was taken the day before her surgery. Always hard for me to imagine when I look at this picture because she looks so healthy & happy.
This was taken the day after her surgery. She was so confused as to what was going on.
We had her 2 year follow up with her specialist this past Wed.
After our little "scare" at the beach, I am thankful to report that the ultrasounds looked the same.
No changes.
(We are So blessed by Dr. F. & trust him completely.)
He wants to continue to monitor Addalie by ultrasound. He said that prior to surgery her kidney was very very abnormal. Because of that it will never be "normal"....just corrected. So now he is wanting to make sure that no obstructions occur.
June 18th, was also the day that the doctors believe I miscarried. I didn't start bleeding until the 20th, but according to the size of the baby they thought it happened on June 18th...the same day of Addalie's surgery.
Looking back that was SUCH A HARD TIME....I still get emotional as I think about it. However, I do see how God's hand was our provision & I am thankful for His grace & care.
His grace truly has been sufficient.
4 comments:
I had no idea the 18th was such a significant day for you... anniversaries of difficult things can serve as reminders of the Grace that brought us through, as much as it reminds us as the pain we have experienced...
I am thinking about you guys a lot these days...
Love you so much and think of you often throughout my day...
thank you for your example of turning your eyes to God in these hard, uncertain, and painful times and truly believing His care and His plans for your life are good and best for you and your family. you have impacted my life and have helped me shift my eyes not on my circumstance but on God. i am forever thankful for your friendship.
What a significant day for you all. Blessings as you remember this time.
Post a Comment