Monday, June 7, 2010

Memorial Day

We had a great time down at the beach over Memorial Day! 
(Apart from a few minor health issues w/Scott & Adds.....)
I will try to make 2 long stories-short.
1.  Scott has a really really bad case of poison ivy before we left.  It ended up getting infected & spreading to his lymth nodes etc.  The doctors seemed concerned & after the 1rst antibiotic didn't work as aggressively as they thought it should, they put him on a 2nd one.  So- we head down to the beach w/his medications & we thought we were set.  I actually thought that the sun might dry out his poison....
Well- it turned out that he was allergic to the 2nd anti-biotic & broke out in hives...so now in addition to his poison itchiness...his hives were really itchy too.  & then to make matters worse he got super super sunburned.  Apparently the Dr. forgot to mention that he should stay out of the sun while he takes his antibiotics.  He ended up having blisters & 3rd degree burns. 

2.  During the middle of the day on Tuesday, Addalie came down with a fever.  (103)  I made an innocent call to her pediatrtition asking what I should give her because ALL children's tylenol has been recalled.  Well-the doctors looked at her chart & realized that she has a history of kidney problems & IMMEDIATELY they were concerned that this fever was associated with her kidney.  They said that we needed to have her seen by a doctor & have tests done that night....So-I called Addalie's specialist at DuPont & asked him if her pediatrition was over-reacting...no- he too agreed that she should be seen.  So we spent the entire evening sitting in a waiting room at the Urgent Care Doctors office...Addalie was still miserable w/her high fever.  The doctors there didn't find anything (which we were thanful for)  Her fever broke during the night & the next day she was almost back to normal.  He doctor at DuPont wants us to come down for ultra sounds just to double check everything...So next week we will head down.

So-despite all of the drama....we had fun.  & I'm thankful that both Scott & Addalie seem to be back to "normal" 
Here's a few pictures of our time:

pedi on the porch


Elmo on the porch


cutest little neice EVER!  (more of her to come!  we did a 6 month old photo shoot on the beach)
This picture of the boardwalk is almost nostalgic to me.  We have so many GREAT memories here!

This picture is blurry...but I couldn't resist. 
Scott is carefully trying to prepare Addalie by explaining that we will only ride ONE ride. 

painting with uncle Todd on the porch

puzzles
magazines

a 2 year old feeding a 6 month old???  hmmm...quite a mess.

Yes, she ate it & Yes, she liked it!

"Morgan, this is a shovel"

I drew Addalie & Jyla's names' in the sand to take pictures of & hang in their rooms. 
After that Addalie spent about 20 minutes writing Jyla's name in the sand...She just kept saying it over & over & over......
(sweet moment for me as I sat in my chair & watched/listened to her heart for her little sister.)


I must say that I've been blessed & proud of my girl in the last few weeks.  Addalie has finally started contentedly playing BY HERSELF.  She is SOOOO social & it has always been so hard for her to be alone...next year, there will be a sister sitting on the beach by her side......
THANK YOU KEN & KAREN FOR ANOTHER WONDERFUL TRIP TO OCEAN CITY!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

love all your dear pictures. oh my word. what a mess. :( all your "sick" stories. glad you are all feeling better. obviously we didn't take enough time to "catch up" the other day. :) mis.

sentz said...

love the picture of addalie writing jyla name in the sand. i love how addalie can not wait for her sister to be here with her. she has a tender spirit.

Anonymous said...

adorable pics ang...what fun! juanita

Dana said...

what a Memorial Weekend!!! Glad everyone is doing better. I love picture #2. After your posting about Scotts ivy and hives this photo looks like Addie is observing Scotts "itchies" and thinking....don't cross the "sofa line" dad!! I don't want them itchies.
So cute!!

Anonymous said...

so much fun! can't WAIT to see the pictures you took of M. you are just so darn talented. looking forward to going back to the beach again...!!
mandi

Anonymous said...

LOVE the pics, Ang!! looks like you had a great time (minus the poison ivy and fever). glad everyone seems to be doing better!

Blog Archive