Addalie has been doing the summer reading program with our local library. She had to have 30 different books read to her.
Her reward=a free coupon to Mc Donalds, a ticket to a BarnStormers game & a ticket to ride the Strasburg Railroad!
We had lots of fun reading all of the books. Every single day she asked over & over for someone to read to her. She knew exactly what would be waiting for her when she took her paper of 30 books to the librarian!
So today when we went to the library she asked the librarian if she could please have her "Old McDonald" (that's what she calls it) coupon. I'm trying to convince her that it's tooooo hot out to go & ride on The Strasburg Railroad right now. It will be so much more enjoyable when it's not 100 degrees. But as for Mc Donalds...we have no plans tonight & so I guess we will head there as a family for dinner. (to one with a playground of course!) Her daddy is quite fine w/eating there...& me....well at least I won't have to cook in this heat....
.jpg)
.jpg)
3 comments:
Yeah! We're doing that too . . . even Claudia. =) We've got a few more books to go and then we'll be off! I guess I should time it to coincide with D's birthday in a few weeks, right? Good job, Addalie (and those who read to her)!
Isn't that a fun program. Trey and Bre both did it this year!! If you need two extra Barnstormers tickets let me know we won't be able to use ours!
clark just took madelyn to Mickey D's the other evening for ice cream (and somehow she managed to get some fries too). we should've arranged a playdate for the girls.
happy reading.
Post a Comment