Well-The tickets are bought & in a few weeks we (including my mom) will be boarding a China-bound plane!! China Air.....I'm a little apprehensive about flying on an international airline...but I guess we'll just jump right in! We didn't have a whole lot of options when booking the flight. We've been told by the travel agent that we could have a really good experience or really difficult experience on China Air...you just never know. The flight attendants may or may not be able to speak English. =) I can be pretty high maintenance while traveling with my diabetes. I need LOTS & I mean LOTS of water to stay hydrated & the list goes on. Not to mention having a 2 year old. Our flight (13 hours) is a straight flight to Beijing. I think that's a good thing...it will go more quickly not having to stop. But there are moments when I wonder if it would be nice to have a lay over to get off the plane & walk around & get food etc. more for Addalie than anything....But we will be flying during the night so hopefully there will be some long stretches of sleep for all of us!??? (i'm hoping...not counting on it...just hoping) =) & also, get this....we are only allowed ONE check on bag at 11 pounds...nothing extra...not a purse or anything. we get 1 bag. I think our laptop alone almost wieghs that much. So we will have to get creative!! & then on the return flight we will have precious Jyla with us too!!! It will all be an adventure...That is guaranteed.
I intentionally don't often get very personal on this blog, but I am going to today.
Last week was very emotional & difficult for me in regards to our adoption. I don't exactly know why or how to articulate all that is passing thru my mind. I've been processing things down to the smallest of details...everything from travel details to paperwork (which still makes me sick in my stomach to think of losing important documents etc.)to Jyla's physical needs (& emotional needs) to coming back home & beginning life again with Jyla's transition & attachment to us & on & on.
but this is typical for me...I usually completely analyze things prior to them happening & then when "it" arrives I am ready to embrace it. Scott has been gracious as I lay in bed at night until the weeeeeeee hours of the morning tossing & turning & not able to sleep. Nor am I able to "catch up" during the day w/naps. I just can't relax enough to sleep. Earlier in the week I was having panic attacks...not able to breathe. But I know that anxiety is NOT from the Lord....I prayed for His peace to pass all understanding!!!God is working in my heart & preparing me for things that I don't even realize. He is faithful. I am weak.
T H A N K Y O U to a few of my friends who have been "listening ears" to me.
I feel like I'm a bit more stable as I look toward this week. (thankfully!)
His mercies are new EVERY morning.
But please pray for us in the upcoming weeks as we are trying to cover all the bases & make sure that all of our responsibilities are taken care of. If you know Scott at all....it doesn't take long to realize that he manages/oversees so many different things in life. He has a lot of things to think through before he leaves with his business, care group, apartments, etc.)
For me, as I arrange things medically w/my diabetes (I have to take a lot of extra supplies & even an extra insulin pump which i am loaning from my doctors office but costs about $4,000. so i'm hoping not to lose/damage it. =)
And as I try to pack (I still am unclear of Jyla's weight/size) & we are unsure of what kinds of foods she can handle at this point. Also, I need to be sure to take plenty of "sugar" for me.
& the list goes on....but the weight limit for our luggage doesn't! =))))
We just stumbled across a few blogs of people who have adopted from China through the same agency that we are. Some of them are in China right now picking up their children. It has been SO ENCOURAGING & interesting for us to "see" their journey's...& imagine ourselves over there in a few short weeks!!
To say that we CANNOT wait is an understatement! God has been so faithful to us & we know that His timing for us to have Jyla join our family is completely perfect!!!
I feel a bit like I am "nesting"...so off of the computer, & onto my list!!!!
Monday, August 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
- August (2)
- July (9)
- June (3)
- May (12)
- April (3)
- March (10)
- February (13)
- January (10)
- December (9)
- November (7)
- October (10)
- September (12)
- August (13)
- July (6)
- June (12)
- May (10)
- April (13)
- March (16)
- February (8)
- January (11)
- December (8)
- November (11)
- October (18)
- September (38)
- August (12)
- July (21)
- June (16)
- May (15)
- April (11)
- March (9)
- February (10)
- January (6)
- December (9)
- November (13)
- October (13)
- September (7)
- August (10)
- July (10)
- June (9)
- May (14)
- April (5)
- March (5)
- February (5)
- January (5)
- December (6)
- November (2)
- October (7)
- September (7)
- August (12)
- July (5)
- June (11)
- May (8)
- April (10)
- March (8)
- February (8)
8 comments:
So good to chat with you the other night, thanks for listening and understanding more than most can! I love you and am thinking of you non-stop right now...know we are "with" you in all of this and pray for that peace!
oh girl. BLESS your PRECIOUS heart! will continue to think and pray for you all...and 11 lbs. girl. you might as well borrow my little motorcycle bag...what do ya say? you go momma! made my first recipe from my new cookbook last night, and it really was divine...ummmm. thanks again. take care of yourself this week. smiles. missy.
Thanks Ang for sharing. Glad this week is not a repeat of last and that God is carrying you through. I think of and pray for you often. Thank the Lord that he goes before us and we can trust Him in all circumstances that He is indeed in control. Please call if you need to talk or just want a listening ear. Have fun nesting and get lots done :) Kendra
excited for you.
praying for you.
loving you.
Ang~thanks for going "out on a limb" so to speak and sharing a more personal part of your journey. It really is helpful to know JUST how to pray! I can hardly believe it's actually happening.....SHE'S ACUTALLY COMING HOME!!!!! what a JOURNEY it will be. I once read the word "journey" described as, "a going from one place to another, usually of some distance." Yes, that would sum it up quite well!!
I love you.
See you next Thursday!!! xoxo.
p.s. can you fall asleep to music? i have some beautiful praise music that is soothing and comforting all in one. Want to borrow them?
Don't forget about my friend, Shelby, in Beijing if you need anything! She's one of my best friends and I know would love to help, if she can. She speaks the language, too! Let me know if you want her contact info.
LOVE YOU!! Praying for all to go just as God has planned!
oh, Ang!
I remember well much of what your are describing(anxious thoughts, prayers, sleepless nights while waiting, wondering about sizes, wondering about the trip itself) it sounds like you have a great support system, but if you ever need someone to pray with you or just listen, feel free to give me a call...
I also have lots of packing tips that I would be happy to email if you want!
If nothing else, know that we are praying.
Hi, I've flown China Air several times and just wanted to say that the flight crew will probably be kind and helpful. And I think it's highly likely they'll be able to speak English. Your little Addalie will almost certainly draw lots of compliments and extra "love" and attention because of her fair complexion. =) Best wishes!
Marcia
Post a Comment