Friday, October 1, 2010

i like to........

play outside



 and in the sandbox!



Well, I think that we are returning to health!!!  We've had a doozy of a first 2 weeks home.  Addalie & I are still on anti-biotics & coughing...but everyday we both seem a little better.  Jyla never "got" what Addalie or I had....she had a fever for a few days...but her cough never turned deep.  Jyla still has a runny nose (which she won't let us touch!) & she coughs a lot at night....But we are thankful for health & strength to be returning!

We are all still transitioning.  Jyla continues to LOVE her daddy & not really her mommy or sister.  Although she LOVES to be held even more than she "does not love" her mommy....& she knows that since our relationship is fragile I will probably pick her up 99% of the time...(which is how often she likes to be held!)  So...I am trying to focus on my relationship with Jyla & be OK with all the other things that aren't accomplished.  Not much of anything gets done around here apart from the basics!!  If I can unload the dishwasher & put some laundry away (that my sister in law has SO GRACIOUSLY been doing) ...it is a productive day!  Computer time is seconds & if i'm luck maybe minutes a day...so I'm not sure how much blogging I will be able to manage in the next couple of weeks.   =) 
I need to say THANK YOU to all of you who have served us!!  It has been a blessing & the Lord's provision to us.  (meals, cleaning, laundry, getting groceries etc.)

Slowly our (mine & Jyla's) relationship is growing.  It will take time...maybe a long time...patience & perseverance are the key. 

I would continue to ask for prayer for Jyla & Addalie's relationship.  That is the hardest for me to see.  Every day over & over Addalie engages Jyla & she is almost always rejected & often gets a slap or scratches in return.  I don't want to go into lots of details w/that on my blog.....but just would ask for prayer.  I know kids are resilient, but I just wonder how much a little girl can handle of that over & over & I see the hurt in her eyes.  I know that the Lord is showing Addalie grace & she in turn is showing Jyla grace. 
& His grace is sufficient. 

We are loving our little Jyla in all of her sweetness & spunk!!  Some of you have already met her...& we look forward to introducing her to the rest of you in time!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

so happy to see this post.
i have been praying & wondering how all has been going and hoping you would update your blog

we are praying. i can't relate to your situation and won't pretend that i can. i can only imagine that transition you are facing and all the emotional ups & downs that come along with that process.
I do however relate to situations in life that test your faith, patience, peace & contentment and absolutely turn life upside down and i am sure you're experiencing this. through my life being turned upside down i have learned, despite my every emotion or feeling, GOD IS FAITHFUL & HE CARES, DEEPLY!
i pray you feel god's faithfulness to you, in each & every moment of your day.

Unknown said...

um. yeah. welcome to the chaos of having more than one child. ;) so...i have no idea what you are going thru...but if it makes you feel better, there are plenty of days where i get the BARE MINIMUM done...just ask matt about that. :) and my youngest is 2, and none of us have been re-located to a new family all the way across the world! hang in there. so glad to hear about your life. i of course like it that you are sharing so honestly. know how to better pray for you!!! love you. mis.

Jena said...

ditto what those two said! hugs

Blog Archive