Thursday, December 2, 2010

Christmas through the eyes of a 3 year old

Addalie loves playing with the nativity.
(my grandma Stutzman made this for me & my sister when we were little.)

Addalie has been asking s o  m a n y  q u e s t i o n s ! ! !  about Chirstmas this year. 
& I have to admit...it's been hard to answer some of them. 

*Can I buy a birthday present for Jesus at the store?*

& the other day when we were at Target she "escaped" & I found her in the card section...
searching for a card for Jesus's birthday...
I can only imagine what the other shopper were thinking when she LOUDLY exclaimed that she found the perfect Dora card for Jesus's birthday & that she thinks Jesus likes Dora!

*Who is going to blow the candles out on Jesus's cake?  & why won't he be at HIS party?* 
(she is just assuming that because we are celebrating HIS birthday, there will be a cake & a party....Hmmm)

*Will Jesus eat any of HIS cake?  What kind of icing will be on it?*
*How many candles will HE have?*

*Are we celebrating baby Jesus's birthday?  Or Jesus's birthday when HE got bigger?*

& the list goes on & on every day.
so sweet.
so innocent...

5 comments:

Jack and Gina Plain said...

Wonderful questions! Challenging for a mama.

Unknown said...

got some news girl. got some news. ;) mis.

Robin said...

This is one of my very favorites photos you've ever posted. I just love it so much.

cynthia haughery said...

I love that last question.....celebrating baby Jesus....or Jesus when he got bigger.

I love "3 years old". I wish we could all freeze there.

You are rich.

Cynthia

Anonymous said...

we have the exact opposite problem in our home. i have a nativity set my grandpa smoker made. i put it up ever christmas in our family room. well, this year madelyn has decided that Joseph looks mean and angry and that he scares her. she won't go near the thing.
hoping she gets over it.

Blog Archive