we completely enjoyed the warmer temps!!
*the girls played outside for hours.
*i planted pansies.
*all 4 of us had lunch together at Jennie's Diner
(we "try" to do something fun at the beginning of the week every once in awhile since Mondays are kinda like our Saturdays...even though Scott works at his desk for a large part of the day.)
*while we were at Jennie's Addalie wanted to play a song on the jute box at our table...
she was upset that they didn't have "Jesus Loves Me" & said so in a loud loud voice!
*Scott went on a long bike ride.
*Addalie was barefoot
*we picked daffodils from the flower bed & brought them inside for vases.
*my wash line was FULL TO THE BRIM with laundry! (love that)
*all 4 of us got naps. (more on the sleep deprivation later)
*the girls played in the sandbox
*& drove around the yard on their Barbie Jeep blaring the radio.
a fun day at home all around!
now for my "sleep story".
so, SLEEP hasn't been happening much around here.
(the last 2 nights were a bit better & we are thanking the Lord for that..)
but over the weekend the sleep deprivation was starting to take its toll. (on me at least)
Jyla has been waking up alot.
if i told you how much...you wouldn't believe me.
well into the high double digits every night.
i typically sleep on the floor of her room for a good part of the night...
trying to be there to console her when she wakes up.
trying to be there to console her when she wakes up.
& her naps haven't been much either.
usually about 40 minutes.
so...i was tired...
& not getting any kind of break from my little sweetie =)
but i didn't really think the lack of sleep was affecting me that much...
on friday night, we decided to go down to market to visit scott.
we had a fun time & we were about to leave.
i was talking to a friend who i hadn't seen in over a year.
all of a sudden....
I COULDN'T FIND JYLA!
i quickly looked all around me.
my eyes did a hard scan in every way that she could have ran.
nowhere!
i began to panic.
booth's corner is not a place that i want to loose my little kids at.
i really began to panic.
& then....
all of a sudden-
i realized...
(& i humbly admit this)
that i was HOLDING HER IN MY ARMS!
can you even believe it?
everyone around me stared about me with huge eyes & that is when i realized that...
I had gone crazy!
the end!

9 comments:
your day sounds delightful and full of spring fun! i love how you guys make memories with your girls. i will be praying for sleep for you and jyla.
oh ang! i am praying right now that you will get sleep tonight - and i will keep praying for you and for Jyla - that sleep would become a regular thing for the two of you :)
love and miss you!!
oh no Ang!!! sounds like something i would do. praying for your sleep.
so happy you had such a fun day today! i was loving it too. ahhh.
xo
oh my word Ang~~i'm sorry, but that story is so funny! i can picture it all! i hope that soon SHE WILL WEAR HERSELF OUT by being outside all day and then FINALLY dear Jyla girl will SLEEP!!!! you will feel like a new woman there is no doubt! REAL STRENGTH AND STAMINA to you until that blessed day!
did you lock her in her room yet? ha.ha.ha. just kidding. ;) loves. mis.
i don't want to be "bossy" but have you taken J to the chiropractor?Might help.Don't know
praying for sleep. for all!
it certainly takes its toll!
happy spring.
1st...you are not CRAZY and
2nd...you didn't panic or at least I didn't think you over-reacted.:) I will also be praying for me sleep in your house and encouragment when needed. It was GREAT to see you and the girls. We really should see each other more often...maybe at softball games this year. :)
praying Ang! I remember those days....I know I told you this before, but I remember after Khai had been home for about 7 months, when I was in his room for at least 45 minutes in the middle of the night every night, rocking rocking rocking, and then laying him down, and if I stopped patting his back before he was in a SOUND sleep, he would wake up and I would have to start all over again.... I remember countless times that I think I actually may have slept standing up, leaning on his crib with my head on the rail and my hand patting Khai....
I so SO remember TOTALLY giving up on sleep.
Like.
Possibly forever.
and feeling SO bad for my baby that he was so hyper-vigilant that he COULD not sleep peacefully unless HE KNEW I was there...
And feeling crazy.
I get it. Although, probably not to the degree that you are experiencing it.
but I do get it.
praying. for a sleep miracle, for a settling in Jyla's emotions and spirit, and for GRACE for the in-between.
love ya!
Post a Comment