Tuesday, August 9, 2011

*summertime busy*

Things have been going at a very fast pace around here!
On Saturday afternoon my mom & the girls & I made a 2 hour trip to a birthday party celebrating 2 sisters that we met in China! It was so wonderful to see them again.
I can't believe that it's been almost 1 yr. ago since we saw/met them.
We have a special connection with them & hope to be able to stay in touch.
We had a great time & the girls got all kinds of treats & party favors.
On our long drive back home (about 5 minutes from our house)-Addalie started screaming!!!
She had a glow bracelet that she had gotten at the party & it snapped-squirting the neon green liquid straight into both of her eyes!!  It was horrible!  But I was so thankful that it hadn't happened during the beginning of our drive & we were close to home.
To make a long story short-I called poison control...got some instructions from them to flush our her eyes for 20-30 minutes. (not fun at all)
And then to take her to the ER.
So, my mom drove to our house (Scott was at market) & put Jyla to bed while Addalie & I headed to the hospital.


The doctors did all kinds of tests & felt like things looked fairly stable.
Finally around 12:30pm they sent us home instructing us to see an eye doctor 1rst thing on Monday morning.
She was quite the trooper-putting up with lots of "things" & drops in her already burning & very tired eyes.
(her "yellow" eyes)

On Sunday we had a cookout at our house for my extended family.
A fun summer tradition.




 And then on Monday night we had the pleasure of hosting these 2 couples & their kiddos!

 

 
Jyla found someone (sweet Cooper) her size (& age)!!    Aren't they so adorable? =)



*we went to the eye doctor on monday morning & after 3 more hours of examinations-addalie was released with no apparent damage!!  i am once again reminded how blessed we are with health.*

1 comment:

cynthia haughery said...

I'm so sorry about Addalie's eyes! It sounded so awful! But I'm with you......so glad you were almost home! I will never look at those glow things the same way.

Thank you, Lord, that she's OK.

Blog Archive