ONE year ago today
we were flying home from China with our tiny-tiny almost 2 year old girl!
This picture (below) is one of my favorites from our time in China.
Jyla didn't walk on her own much (she could...just didn't want to) =)
Getting on the plane in Guangzhou-headed home. Quite the flight!!!!!
Scott's parent picked us up at JFK.
They were a very welcomed sight!
I will never forget how grateful we were to see familiar faces
& how nice it was to sit back & let them navigate home.
We had no more mental energy.
They brought lots of "american snacks"....we were in our GLORY!
Such a fabulous "Welcome Home"!
Our fridge was stocked with all of our favorite foods. (from various people)
My house was cleaned from top to bottom (thank you Janelle!!!)
& there were even a few bins of clothing to borrow in Jyla's size! (Kathy)
So many blessings.
And here she is today.
1 year later.
It has been quite a year.
I often don't go into "everything" regarding our transition home with Jyla-
because it is complex & overwhelming for me to communicate about.
She is definitely growing (at least in height...even though her weight is barely gaining.)
She is starting to smile more.
Just in the past few days she has started saying "I love mommy".
Just out of the blue....so sweet.
We celebrated her "Gotcha Day" (the day we 1rst met her) when we were at the beach.
It was a sweet time.
We went to one of our favorite seafood restaurants.
Jyla was quite happy with her dessert!
Jyla even got to dance!
When we were waiting for our table they had live music & an older gentlemen asked Jyla to dance.
She was loving it!!
doing spins & twists.....
only Jyla!
All that to say...
IT'S BEEN A YEAR!
wow!
God has been faithful.
I have seen clearly my many weakness's (that i didn't realize were there;))
I have seen Scott's unending patience & LOVE for his daughters.
I have seen Addalie's self-less-ness...(how is she only 3?)
I have seen Jyla starting to trust us in deeper ways..
I have seen LOVE -deepening in our family.
*I am so behind in blogging, but I am hoping to post some of my favorite China pictures later...& also some of the pictures that I took of Jyla Grace on the beach a few weeks ago.*












6 comments:
Ang, this brings tears to my eyes. I love your story of getting your baby girl. You are such a sweet mama. I have much respect for you and Scott.
thanks for sharing this past year of getting jyla and bring her home into your family. she keeps growing with all your love and patience as she learns what love and family is. you can see her smile in her eyes.
makes me cry just reading this.
We are so grateful for your life Jyla!!! and we are so grateful for you guys as our friends.
Tears filled my eyes reading this. How far you all have come as a family. What a blessing Jyla is! You guys are such great parents!
Wow Ang, It is amazing how much has changed in one year. So glad I'm apart of this journey and apart of your lives (forever!!!!) Love you guys tons!
Mrs. Stoltzfus =)
tears. tears. tears. so precious. what a high calling from the Lord. you are amazing and strong and couragous...really, a whole year? :) hugs. mis.
Post a Comment