
I am always trying new recipes. -almost every time I cook. (which is not always a good thing) But every once in awhile I come across YUMMY YUMMY ones & this is such: I made it last night. It is perfect with a crusty piece of bread. (My fav. is Costco's Olive Oil & Rosemary Loaf.)
Chicken Corn Chowder
2 c. diced potatoes
1/2 c. sliced celery
1/2 c. sliced carrots
1/4 c. chopped onion
1 1/2 t. salt
1/4 t. pepper
2 c. chicken broth
2-3 chicken breasts
2 c. milk
2 c. kernel corn
2 T. cornstarch mixed with 1/4 cold water
shredded cheddar cheese
Simmer first 7 ingredients until tender. In separate pot, boil chicken. Shred and add to veggies. Add milk, corn, and cornstarch/water mixture. Do not boil. Top with grated cheddar. Makes 4 servings. Oh, so yummy.
2 comments:
you inspire me, soup has always been something that intimidates me a bit. it's called "progresso" in our home. hee hee
i haven't made a new recipe in ages. i miss cooking. in fact, i need to try your chicken tetrazinni recipe soon. loved that.
i put this on my menu for the week! can't wait to taste! xo
Post a Comment