Friday, October 9, 2009

Kansas

This past week we flew to Kansas to visit my Dad & Bev. We had such a great time! They completely spoiled all three of us! We have been wanting to get out there & decided that since Addalie is turning 2 in a few weeks (she will no longer be "free" to fly) we should squeeze this trip in. I was SO disappointed because I wanted to get a picture of Addalie with the pilot in the cockpit, but my camera was packed in with the luggage. We have TOTALLY taken advantage of the "kids fly free until 2 yrs. old" deal! This was Addalie's 5th flying excursion...& I figured out that with flight connections etc. she has flown on about 15 airplanes!! We are pros. Any traveling questions, just ask us! =) (not to say that we don't still have the occasional meltdowns....they are inevitable! However I think we are past the most difficult age to fly.) Anyways, on to Kansas........

We saw lots of these beautiful steers.

& some of these....(oil wells) my dad took us out to see some that his friend owns.



I forget the name of this game that Scott & I played one day as we were in a restaurant waiting for our food to come....All that matters is that I WON! (Scott & I are super competitive! So it's always hard on him when I beat him in something.)

My dad LOVES jalapenos & eats them plain!

My dad & Bev had a surprise for Addalie. A manicure!!! We went to the mall & even though she has never had a "real manicure" before, she acted like she knew exactly what was going on. She picked her own color. (the brightest pink she could find...typical)



Showing Talia her pretty nails.


& of course we couldn't leave the mall without riding a few rides. (I told you they spoiled her!)

One day Scott & I went to the Underground Salt Museum. We had to get on an elevator & go down 650ft. under the ground. Hard hats were required. I can be a bit claustrophobic so this was stretching for me, but eventually I was comfortable & found it very interesting. Kansas is where most of the salt that we use comes from. From table salt, to road salt...etc. (Morton Salt)
In the above picture (it's blurry cause it was dark down there) I am holding a black pack that was supposed to help us breathe in the case of emergency....

Scott holding a big chunk of salt.

Hollywood stores all of its films/movies down here. It is good because the temp. never changes & it is safe from natural disasters.

Another highlight was getting to see my grandparents. We had a yummy lunch with them one day. & then we got to see the greenhouses that they used to own (& I grew up running around in.)





At a yummy Mexican restaurant with the whole gang!


Thank you Dad, Bev & Talia for the wonderful hospitality! We had a great time & we have lots of good memories of our time in Kansas!!! We love you guys.

7 comments:

tines said...

i can't believe she got a manicure! how adorable! and she totally did look like she gets them weekly...such a pro. so sweet. looked like a great trip. thanks for all the pics. xo

Unknown said...

matt's really going to love those steer pictures...it's going to make him want to live out there :) glad you had such a fun time...any flying advice with 4 kids under 5? Just kidding. we always drive. :) welcome home. mis.

Moriah Freeman said...

she so cute. and a manicure for a 2 yr old?!?! not fair!!!! ur pics look really good ang!!!!

Anonymous said...

looks like a fun time. glad you & your family got to be with you Dad and enjoy each other.

i agree, we also have learned the fine art of flying with children too. i think it's important to get them used to it. if you do it often, they'll enjoy it and become familiar with it. it seems adds has. glad it went well. no fun when the have meltdowns in a plane and their is no where to run. we have yet to have any meltdowns or toubles. knock on wood.

The lady of the house... said...

i like this post. so many fun things and new experiences, for both the adults and the kiddos! those are the BEST kind of memories....and i learned a few new things from this post too....who knew about those movie storage places? cool!

Paisley was at the dinner table w/ us the other night....the last time a little girl sat in our high chair, it was A! and i thought how sweet it would be to have a little girl at the table with us....for life!

xoxoxoxo

sentz said...

looks like you three had a wonderful time. you did a great job capturing the trip. i glad to know that you won the game!

Robin said...

Okay, the photo of Addalie with your grandpa is my favorite. It is definitely a frame worthy photo. Oh my gosh, I LOVE it!!! :-)

Blog Archive