Friday, January 15, 2010

Adoption Update


It's been a long time since I've written anything about our adoption so I thought I would write a quick update! We are planning on adopting a little girl at least a year younger than Addalie. I just received word today that China is going to release a list of orphans with "Minor/Correctable Needs" next week!! (this is a monthly process) They said that next week, we should "stay near our phones & check our messages often!" If our list of "acceptable needs" would coincide with a child, we would get a referral. Or it could be next month, or the next or the next or the next...=) BUT, it is exciting that we are at this point! When we get a referral we will have a picture & a name & a few weeks to look over the child's conditions & talk to our pediatrician etc. & make a final decision. If we would "accept" the referral it would be a few more months (5+-) until travel.
Yay!! It is getting exciting! All of the hours & hours of paperwork is coming to a close...=))
I know that there is more to come when things get finalized, but for now the "break" is so nice & much needed.
Addalie is trying to count down the days until her baby sister comes. (too bad she can't count that high yet...) She prays for "baby sister" ALL OF THE TIME....it is precious. She moved from her crib to her "big girl bed" & now thinks that "baby sister" should come & be in the crib.
She asks lots of questions....wondering where "baby china's" mommy is....& if "baby china" is going to be sad when she comes to a new home? She already has a stuffed animal picked out that her little sister is supposed to sleep with.
So- we will definitely keep everyone posted if there is any news...Like I said, it could be months until anything happens...or weeks. =)
Please keep us in your prayers.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

praying & excited.

sentz said...

this put a smile on my face today and love addalie's desires for her little sister. God is faithful and he will bring it to pass. i am praying for you as you wait for the phone call. may it come quickly.

Sara Lazio said...

SO excited!!! I can't wait!!!!!!!

Jena said...

thinking of you guys often, oh how I remember those days of waiting by the phone and checking email... there is literally nothing like opening up that first email attachment with your child's picture... I am hoping/praying that Scott is home when you get it, cause it will be really hard to wait!

Unknown said...

hey...so.much.fun. can't wait for you to get the news either...little addalie is so precious. she is such a great little girl...we had so much fun hanging out this weekend. hope our kids didn't scare her too much. :) mis.

The Heitlands said...

So sweet... "baby china".

beckarecka said...

Hey Angie--I just found your blog through a friend (Emily F). Its been a LONG time--but I wanted to say hello and that I hope you all get a referral soon! We adopted in 2008--its an amazing journey!
Becky Peifer

cynthia haughery said...

Bill and I are very excited for you all. We will continue to pray for direction.
Cynthia

Blog Archive