Friday, January 22, 2010

Potter County

Last weekend we made the 4 hr. trek up to the "King Cabin". We left Saturday night after Scott got home from market & prayed that we wouldn't get lost. There is no cell phone reception up there & the directions were a little "tricky"!! About 45 minutes before we arrived at the cabin (relying %100 on our GPS) Addalie got "sick"....the kind of sick where you have to pull over & strip all of her clothes off of her because they are covered w/vomit. Wet-wipes were my friend as I tried my hardest to clean the car so that we could keep driving. On we went, & a few minutes later, "it" happened again...... aghhhh....But, finally we found our way & at 2am we were welcomed by a cozy cabin & warm beds to greet us. Thank goodness Addalie was fine the rest of the weekend! In fact, she thought she was in "heaven"! Matt & Missy have 4 kids who were a constant source of entertainment for the remaining 3 days. (& btw, they are some of THE most well-behaved children we've every been around. We were trying to "watch & learn"!!!)
Scott & I were able to relax in a way that we rarely do....it was absolutely gorgeous up there! (worth the drive) SO peaceful & SO beautiful!! We even had some snow to play in.








*coloring*

*puzzles*



*YUMMY food!*

*time to read* (our books & hers)

*lots of games*
(ps-Adds "fell" into this woodstove & is recuperating from a yucky burn on her back. She didn't even
seem to know she was hurt until we got home...she asked me "where her owie came from??"
She was having too much fun at the cabin to even think about it much! )
We also were able to take some walks, naps, & had LOTS of long talks---(Matt & Scott were in deep discussions non-stop all weekend...they even out-did Missy & I!)
THANKS so much M&M! We had a wonderful wonderful time. Lots of memories. We treasure our friendship with you!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yea! Fun mountain pictures. I have um...the picture of the coats. :( What was I thinking? So glad Addalie could have fun while she was there, and hopefully her recoop at home will speed on by. Spending the day here, as Kaycee is now throwing up...Honestly, CAN I get a break from this laundry? We love you too, and treasure our weekend away, as I am sure will not happen anytime again soon. You guys are doing a FABULOUS job parenting yourselves...no need to watch us. :) well, except to catch onto the 4 thing...smiles. mis.

Janelle Erb said...

The king cabin!! Small world. The erb family has been going there every summer for 20 some years. We have great memories. In the summer the kids live in the creek, we do a lot of front porch sitting, and play volleyball and horseshoes. And imagine 25 people sharing that one shower:) I bet that place is breathtaking in the winter covered with snow!

The lady of the house... said...

what a great time for you guys Ang! I can imagine that it is so wonderful to just be away from the "demands" of the day and just BE with the ones you love most!
Great pictures as usual....
Love from across the field! :-)

Blog Archive