

This past week we've had a few "close calls" with her. Because the weather is so nice we are enjoying the playground at the church across the street. The other night we were going to head over real quickly before dinner. It was starting to get dark but we wanted some "fresh air" before the sun went down. So, I put Addalie's shoes & coat on & let her out the door while I found my shoes & coat (which took me about 45 seconds) When I went out the back door, I couldn't find her anywhere....Immediately I put the pieces together & thought that she was probably going to the playground by herself. Well, the road that we live on is quite busy (especially over the work hour) with cars traveling WAY TO FAST + it was dusk. Sure enough...there she was STANDING DOWN BY THE ROAD--.....Of course, I took off running & thankfully I got to her before she decided to cross...I was so grateful for God's protection. Needless to say I gave her a strong talking to...-trying to convey to her the danger of the road & at the same time thanking the Lord over & over & over.
Then, last night Addalie had a really really bad fall in the bathroom. I was brushing her teeth & she was sitting on the counter by the sink. I turned to get a washcloth & she lost her balance & fell backwards about 4 feet landing square on her back & head on the ceramic tile....Somehow she managed to miss the rug...& just went straight for the tile! (now this isn't her first fall--she has fallen down our steps a time or two, so I knew what to look for & was pretty confident that she didn't have a concussion...)
After keeping her up for a bit we finally felt semi-comfortable putting her to bed. Then around 11:45pm I was still awake thinking about all of this & decided to call the doctor. (that's what they get paid the big bucks for right??) =)) I explained to the doctor that I felt like she didn't have a concussion but I was more concerned about hemorrhaging since that can go unnoticed & be quite fatal. She walked me through what to look for with that & said to wake her up a few times during the night. Addalie seems fine today-but I am to be watching her carefully for a few days.
SO- all that to say, I am so thankful to God for protecting my little girl. She is SUCH a delight!!! Such a blessing.....it's a good reality check for me as I can so easily get frustrated & impatient w/her perfectionist side & her toddler ways!
She brings so much joy into our home!

i love you addie joy joy!
4 comments:
o ang, how you heart must have been racing when you connected where she went running to and how relieved when she was standing there. being on a busy road too make me nervous b/c in seconds they disappear from your sight. thanking God for his protection. i love her pink princess outfit too.
love. love. love. the pink princess ensemble. and yes, it is the worst feeling in the world to be frantically looking for your kid, and get a sinking panic-y feeling inside. ugh. and as for falls...with 4 kids in 5 year...i am not even going to comment. :) see you. mis.
more pictures, more pictures! i love looking at your blog. glad A is okay. she's a fiesty little girl. morgan has those same pjs (from target?!)- we should get the girls to both wear them to family dinner sometime. ha!
Both of my children fell *hard* on their heads this past weekend. D had a slight concussion and C had a nice big "shiner". So scary for the moms (and dads!) and like you said, it makes you so grateful for your children and how the Lord keeps them safe in so many ways on a daily basis!! They've got angels by their sides, you know. =)
Post a Comment