Saturday, March 6, 2010

name????


A few people have asked what her name is: She was found outside of the orphanage when she was a few days old & the orphanage named her Ji Aohong. We are still trying to think through a name for her. We wanted to wait until we knew her "given" name....So far, we don't have any final decisions. We will let you know when we've decided.

Thank you so much for all of your kind words & support! I am saving every email & letter from you all to put into her baby book!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i am so excited for you and pray god's blessing over you, scott & ads in the months ahead.

she is precious. i can't wait to meet her.

Anonymous said...

thought, you could just go with "baby china" for awhile. till you determine another name, since ads likes that so much.

kidding.
i am sure the lord will place a name on your heart and it will fit her just perfect. regardless the name, what a blessing she is/will be.

Jena said...

how do you say her Chinese name? I remember well the day several days after we got Khai's referral, that I chased down a lady in Target who looked Vietnamese, I made sure to read her name tag to make SURE she was Vietnamese, and then I asked her if she spoke Vietnamese, she said yes... So I told her the whole story of adopting Khai(while Bailey who was 3 and Samuel who wasn't even 2 yet sat in a cart) and wrote down Khai's Vietnamese name and asked her over and over again to help me pronounce it...
If it had been a little easier to pronounce, I think we would have kept it as his fame that we call him, but it would have been pretty hard...
We always liked the name Kai, and while in Vietnam, we found out that the way we chose to spell it "Khai" is actually a Vietnamese name. Vietnamese people would ask us, "what's his name?" and we would say, "Khai." and they would say, "no, what is the name that you are giving him?", and we would say, "Khai!"
It was pretty cool...
And now the poor guy has 5 NAMES!!!. We kept his whole Vietnamese name.... I know a lot of people when deciding names for their adopted kiddos use who named them to help make their decision(like, if they were name by the orphanage, or by their first mom) you have probably heard that already..
k.
I'll stop rambling now...
Its not often I get to talk about these things with people in "real life"
We are so happy for you guys, and excited for your family to grow!!!

k- now I am getting misty eyed...
:)

Jessica said...

Oh man, I just get goosebumps and tears whenever I hear more about your sweet new baby girl! If you'd like, I can put you in touch with my friend, Shelby, that teaches in China. She might be a great person to ask cultural type questions to get an American perspective. :-) Let me know!
Love you!

Tammy said...

I like Eden. And I only got boys so I didn't get to use that name. I'm so excited for you! We have to make a play date sometime soon, just for us girls for some cards :)
Love, Tammy

Blog Archive