Tuesday, July 13, 2010

cat D R A M A !!!

This morning I was still sleeping & Scott came bursting into the room saying that he was going to Wal-Mart.  Ok, I said..Why so early?  Actually I didn't say any of that...I just thought it.  I can't talk sensibly until at least 5 minutes after I wake up....He quickly went on to explain that when he went out on the front porch to get the newspaper this morning her heard meowing....lots of it.  He proceeded to investigate & FOUND THE KITTENS!!!!  Yay!  All 5 of them were there.  We thought they were long gone & had carefully explained to Addalie that some "unknown animal" had probably gotten to them.  Well you can imagine her excitement when she woke up & we told her the news.   


The only problem  now is that Bella (the mama) has been gone for 2 days.  Which isn't terribly abnormal...Most of the neighbors around here have fallen in love with her & some of them even feed her & let them in their home...but she does have her kittens here....so that part is a bit disturbing as to why she wouldn't have come back by now?  The kittens were meowing so loudly because they were famished! So-off Scott went to Wal-mart to buy droppers/little bottles & some goat milk that we are mixing w/baby formula. We are HOPING that Bella's ok & didn't get hit on the road or something.

In the meantime (& I am sooo hoping it's just in the meantime) we are bottle feeding these little ones every 3 hours.  They were in fragile condition when we found them...a bit dirty & dehydrated. 
So- I'm not sure that I have time for such a rigid feeding schedule....I didn't quite know today would bring 5 motherless (for now) kittens....
But we are happy that they are ok.....& hoping that Bella returns before next week when we leave for vacation!

No comments:

Blog Archive