we are SO ready to go & meet our girl!!!!!
ONE MORE WEEK!
We are busy around here...
Tonight my mom came over for dinner & then someone that we just got to know this summer who is currently in the area but grew up in China came & "taught" us a few Chinese words.
"Hello","Mommy", "Daddy", "I love you", "Sister",
"Happy Birthday"(since she will turn 2 in October!) & a hand full of others.
It was another blessing from the Lord in preparing our hearts to hear more about the culture & have the opportunity to ask questions & learn a few Chinese words. & yes the language is difficult! One word can mean 3 totally different things depending on the tones that you use!!
What else have we been doing to get ready for our trip??
*getting Jyla's doctors appts. made concerning her clef pallate for when we get home.
*Addalie & I have gotten immunizations (Scott is too afraid to get any shots!) =)
*It was suggested that we take gifts over for the foster parents/translators/orphanage workers/social workers etc. So I am trying to get that taken care of.
*Jyla's room is pretty much finished. (I will try to post pictures of that-but don't hold me to it please =))
My dear friend Jamie made a fabulous quilt for her. I LOVE IT so much that I asked her to get some more of the fabric & now my mother (who is also busy packing for this trip) is making curtains & a pillow to match! =)
*I realized that I don't have many clothes for her. i had borrowed alot of clothes for Addalie when she was Jyla's size...so I've been shopping...just a little bit though. =) I still am a little unsure about her size. They told us that she still weighs 17.5 lbs...not very much for an "almost 2 year old"...so we'll see. i can't wait to actually hold her & see how big she is in real life. =)))
*scott has been so busy & so faithful with getting 2 of his apts. rented before we leave. he's had LOTS of showings & done lots of painting/cleaning to get them ready.
*i had a diabetes doctors appt. today. it is a bit crazy to fly internationally with diabetes & supplies & all of the considerations to think about with my blood sugars....Lord please help me!
*I still need to go & get passport pics taken....for documents in China.
*still need to make a TARGET run! my list is SO long....i love Target....but i'm afraid of what the grand total might equal??
*& packing of course....that needs to be done.
*i would like to get a haircut....but it might not make the "priority list".
& so on!! but the countdown is on folks!
We are going to make every effort to blog often while we are in China. We hope to take lots of pics. =)))

4 comments:
oh i can't wait for you! this is so exciting. please let me know if i can do anything for you! we are thinking of you TONS! mis.
oh Ang!!!im so excited for you guys-addoption is something i always wanted to do,and pray that someday we will be able to!its so excited to read your posts i feel as though its me:)i cant wait to read the posts once shes home with yal:)God bless!!praying that God will give you strength on the long flight there and a joy that will not be robbed from you as you meet her and bring her home!what a gift!!!love you guys!
I love reading your blog about what all is going on!
Thank you for sharing, it helps me to know what to pray for.
It feels like not that long ago we were talking about the paperwork you were filling out. Now, you are packing to go pick up your little girl.
I can't wait to see her!
hey! thanks for the postcard; we have it on our fridge! I've been thinking and praying for you guys lately! I cannot believe how little she weighs!!! Olivia weighs 15 lbs at 9 months and is in the 3rd percentile! I'd love to know more about the cleft palate...I assume it affects her speech and eating...will she always have problems with it even after surgery? I'm embarrassed that I don't know more about it. :) maybe I'll try researching it myself. our PRAYERS are with you all!!!
Post a Comment