Monday, April 18, 2011

X's two!

Today we were at the pediatricians office
for the 2nd time in a week.
It turns out that both of the girls
have fluid in both of their ears!

Maybe this is a simple explanation as to why they
haven't been obeying?????
Maybe they both are really obedient...
but just haven't been hearing me??
HA! 
That's a nice thought isn't it? 

Poor things...I do feel bad for them. 
The doctor said that things are very muffled
for both of them.
no wonder they are constantly asking me to turn up their music when we are in the car!
& no wonder they are both talking SO LOUDLY lately!

I am desperately hoping & praying
that ALL 4 ears remain healthy
& DO NOT TURN INTO ear infections.
at least not before the wedding on May 1rst. 
(they are both flower girls)
They doctor wants to keep an eye on both of them
& if things don't clear up...
they will talk about putting tubes in....=(
I think that I've heard dairy is
not good for fluid in ear & ear infections.
Does anybody know if that is true?
I don't necessarily want to stop giving them milk
because they both need it.
& if I cut dairy out of Jyla's diet...
that will be 1/2 of her diet...
But, I would take a diary break if I knew that it would clear things up...
Any thoughts?

6 comments:

Jena said...

Khai couldn't do dairy either, actually I think one of my peds (Dr. Gross at Roseville maybe) told me that a lot of Asian kiddos can't do dairy(its not naturally occuring in many of their diets so over time they develop a intolerance)(I also may have read it on a blog... :)

For a while we did soy
(which is NOT a great option) but then we did goat milk for a while... we were at the point of tubes with both Khai and I really just didn't have peace and tried the nutritional route, and it cleared it up... He had horrible and chronic ear infections for the first 18 months he was home... but after we did some nutritional stuff, he really grew out of it... (sorry again for the epistle!)

Mandy said...

I haven't heard of any link with dairy and fluid in the ears. There's a lot of people who restrict dairy when their kids have colds/chest congestion, etc. but we never have. All of our kids are big milk drinkers (except Emerson).

Dane got tubes when he was 10 months old and it was wonderful! He had several ear infections prior to that, and his hearing improved quite a bit after he got the tubes. I think he had one infection after getting the tubes. Emerson got tubes in January and had no problems. We had not been able to have her hearing accurately tested, and the ENT found a lot of residual fluid from previous ear infections when they put the tubes in.

I hope your girls get to feeling better and they don't end up with ear infections! No fun at all!

Unknown said...

okay girl. i got the cure for ya. i will e-mail. :) mis.

beckarecka said...

Have you considered chiropractic? Lya had a lot of ear infections her first year home and we eventually tried chiro and it worked great. Hardly anything since and it has been a bit more than a year. It really helped with keeping the fluid drained. Email me if you want to know more.

Anonymous said...

madelyn was one step away from having tubes. she got about 8-10 ear infections within the first year after she was born. it was horrible. one after another.
max hasn't had one yet.

i know how painful it can be to the kids and how it can make the irritable.
i don't have any magic cures, but i do remember that the doctor recommended that she eat lots of yogart, i believe due to the pro-biotics, but i could be wrong.

Doug and Mandi said...

oh no, ang! i had no idea the girls were going through all this.
i took morgan to the doc this morning too, because i figured something HAD TO be wrong with her seeing as she's so cranky, moody, and "seems" sick the past week. nope... soc says she's just teething... great. :)
praying your girls (and mine!) feel 100% by may 1st. let me know if there's anything i can do to help.

Blog Archive