Friday, June 24, 2011

thankful

Every night when we tuck the girls into bed we ask them what they are thankful for.
They usually say something fun that they got to do that day or a person that we were with.
Then we proceed to pray & thank God for that.  
I am trying to do the same.

Today I was thankful for my mom.
She came to our house and watched the girls while I had a doctors appt., got groceries, got a pedicure!!!!, & ran some more errands. 
Now I am the first to admit that my girls are not at easy ages....
separately the are cute.
But together.....they are CRAZY trouble!
One of them has the curiosity & the other has the means to make things happen.
You CAN'T turn your back....not even for 5 seconds.
& while my mom quickly admitted that today was not a "good" day,
still she managed to love & care for my children
&
do some household chores while I was gone.
including....washing some of my windows...(missy...please don't hate me.)























she had 2 very wet helpers.
Bless her heart!
I am thankful for my mom!

3 comments:

Jena said...

what a blessing!

Unknown said...

ha.ha.ha. i do NOT hate you. could you send her over here today? :) xoxo. mis.

Anonymous said...

Me too! So thankful for my mother!!
Someday (when my kids are grown and have their own children) i hope to be as available to my kids as my mom has been to me!!

Blog Archive