A few weeks ago we (Scott, myself, Addie, Jyla & my mom) journeyed out to Colorado to visit family!!!
(My sister & husband & 3 boys + Scott's brother & his wife.)
It was so wonderful to see my girls loving their cousins that they so rarely see.
The connection was instant!
Sara decided that she wanted to have a "pink" birthday party since my girls had both just had birthdays.
So sweet.
So much fun!
Brad & Stacy were already in Denver for the day, & they were able to join us!

fun presents!
If you know my sister, it's no surprise that she was eager to make me a fabulous cappuccino! YUM!

On one of the days, Scott & the girls & I ventured to Boulder.
We ate breakfast at one of my new all-time favorite restaurants! It's called Snooze.
Scott had eaten there on one of his ski trips & knew that he wanted to bring me back someday.
Yes, I took pictures of the food. It was that good!
After breakfast we walked Pearl Street.
So many fun shops & an outdoor play area for the kids!!

dancing......
In the past when we've been in Colorado, I've always gotten really sick from the altitude.
After doing lots of research & talking to a few doctors,
I realized that there really aren't many options as far as preventative medicines for altitude sickness.
My mom picked up some "liquid oxygen" at a local health food store &
I was very diligent in taking that.
On past trips...the liquid oxygen help a little...but I was definitely still sick.
All that to say......
This time I FELT GREAT!!!
It was such an unexpected blessing!!
I was able to go out & do things
& we were even able to drive up to the mountains for an afternoon
to see where Brad & Stacy are at.
We got to have lunch with them & take a tour of their place.
(thanks for letting me steal this pic from your blog Stace!)
And of course, we had alot of fun with my mom too.
Adam & Scott graciously watched the kiddos on 2 different occasions
so that Sara, my mom & I could go shopping. (like the good old days!!!!)
We also got to do a family photo shoot!!
(Which rarely happens because of how far apart we all are.)
It was a fabulous trip!
Addalie cried & cried when she had to leave her cousins.
She was a lucky girl though because Grandma Jane flew home with us & had a bag full of fun books & toys. They played the whole way home.
(I was a lucky girl too...cause Scott had Jyla so that left me to-
read magazines on the plane for the 1rst time in 4 years!)













1 comment:
oh my word. so much to say. i love.love.love the lockers in sarah's house? i guess, and i love those bald man plates. TOTALLY. did your mom get new glasses, i love them too! she looks great. it sounds like such a great trip. you look great on all the pics as well...when are we getting together? :) mis.
Post a Comment