We arrived (finally) late last night.
The last couple of days have been crazy.
In an effort to "keep things real"
let me give you a glimpse into "pre-anna maria island" :)
Major plumbing problems at our house-
I may or maynot have been scooping RAW sewage off of our basement floor into buckets with a dust pan & brush at 10:00pm.!
(think: trying to do laundry/packing before leaving on a trip...
not being able to wash dishes/flush toilets/shower/bath the girls.....)
Both girls were/are sick with colds/throats.
On top of that, I was having some MAJOR issues with my insurance company & pharmacy & doctor...just about to RUN OUT OF INSULIN
(& leave for a 2 week trip) and somehow the dots were not connecting between my prescription & the insurance company & docs authorization & pharmacy...
A MESS!
There was more going on...but I will spare you the details. :)
I got some insulin (samples that the dr had on hand)
I got some insulin (samples that the dr had on hand)
& our plumbing issue is resolved!
So-we headed down to mrkt to pick Scott up & fly out!!
We got to the airport & all was fine & dandy until we went through security.
Apparently play dough (that I had packed in Addalie & Jylas carry on) is very similar to a material used to make bombs!!!
WHO KNEW???
WHO KNEW???
I sure didn't! The security guy said that they'd have to get the bomb squad to come & investigate. He also said that it could take awhile & that there was a chance this would cause us to miss our flight!
(um NO THANK YOU-i want to get to FL)
So-I told the security guy to just keep it-we didn't need it.
He said- "we don't want your play dough...we want to make sure that YOU aren't trying to transport bomb-making materials onto the plane!"
What ??????
The bomb squad was in a completely different part of he airport & they literally ran to where we were in an effort to keep us from missing our flight.
(so nice right?)
So- moral of this story is-leave your play dough at home!
Then-when they finally cleared me-
I started walking towards our gate.
The security guys had advised that the girls & Scott go on ahead & try to hold the plane for me. So, as I'm walking-I hear our gate # being called over the loud speaker saying that they were having the "final boarding" & "to ensure a timely departure the gate will be closing in 5 minutes"
At this point, I am about a 10 minute walk from the gate-
so I start picking up my speed.
Finally I get to the gate!
Only to find out that our boarding passes had the WRONG gate printed on them & that our correct gate is very very VERY far away!
ok-so we still have a little bit of time
so we start our journey across the philly airport.
the girls were troupers!!!!
(they both had to go to the bathroom really bad)
but we kept walking. jyla had to run to keep up.
Finally we made it.
We got on the plane...both girls are thirsty from running...
have to pee & it's 6:00 so they are hungry too.
We sat on the plane for awhile when the pilot got on the loud speaker to tell us that due to the terrible weather (tornadoes etc) between philly & fl that we were going to take an alternative route & to do that, we would need more fuel.
30 minutes later...we "had more fuel" & sat in philly's infamous run-way line.
our plane was #5 to take off.
more waiting.
FINALLY we were up in the air!
but...
then...
the pilot got on & said that the flight was going to be very bumpy!!
so bumpy that they would not serve drinks!
(ahhh-my girls are so hungry & thirsty!)
& that we had to STAY IN OUR SEATS because of the turbulence!
(girls were about to pee themselves at this point)
Immediately I pushed the flight attendant call button & pleaded our case.
My girls HAD TO pee.
He obliged...but said we needed to take care of it immediately!
Scott & I each took one & got them in/out of the little bathrooms asap!
After about 3 hrs. of flying the pilot comes on & says
"We are currently flying over the Bahamas
& will soon be heading toward FL"
WHAT??? HOW DID WE GET DOWN THERE???
Apparently we flew out over the ocean straight from Philly & headed south avoiding all of the horrible weather patterns & then when we got down as far as the Bahamas we flew north to FL.
So-on a much longer then normal flight to FL later-
we LANDED!
can you clap please? :)
cause we wanted to.
And the hungry girls finally got some food at about 11:30 last night.
like I said, they were troupers!
And the hungry girls finally got some food at about 11:30 last night.
like I said, they were troupers!
And now we are here!
It is cold today & VERY windy
but the sun is warm.
The forecast is suppose to get better tomorrow!
We took a walk to the beach & are so ready to relax!
& we are making memories...
as Scott said, "we need to keep things interesting!"





9 comments:
Whew!!! Yes. Indeed. I clapped, too. (literally) :-)
Have a great time, Ang!
WOW Ang!!! What a story... can not believe all that you went through to get there!!
We have some friends that love Anna Maria and say it's there favorite place on earth (so far). Have you been there before? Have a great time!
Can I just say oh my word!!!!! Crazy! I cannot believe all that really unfolded! Fl sunshine is worth it though right?? Kendra
Oh Ang, I just read your blog out loud to Brad. What a trip! I'm sorry you went through all that, but it sure was entertaining =) Have a wonderful week making memeories! Love ya!
i will be thinking of you and hope you enjoy some SUNSHINE! Clark & I are headed to the Dominican later this week (no kids) so I will think of you, while my feet are in the sand as well.
FUN!
What memories.
well.holy cow. i loved reading the story...but can only have minimal sympathy for you, because alas, you ARE in FL, and I AM NOT. :) have sooooo much fun. and i can't wait to hear about your plumbing issues when you get back. oh the joys of home ownership. :)
Ang I am so glad that I read your blog! We leave for Florida in about 2 1/2 weeks and I was going to pack Playdoh for the kids! Guess I will have to think of something else. :) Sorry you had to go through all that but I am glad that you are able to relax now! Have fun!
ANG!!!? OMW! so glad you're there! xo
CRAZY! Bless your hearts. But as your other friend said, you are in FL and hopefully your sewer troubles and all the other troubles are behind you. What a wild ride to get there. Now, if you ever have those crazy insulin problems again, you get on that phone and call us and I will BRING the insulin to you (that is if you and Jack use the same kind). We had a little bit of a snag lately too with no refills, etc. but not before a trip. That is enough stress in and of itself let alone all your other woes as you were packing. I pray that the weather will be warm and sunny to make the whole trip worth it!
Post a Comment