Saturday, June 14, 2008

Father's Day!

I have always envisioned Scott being a good father. But last fall when Addalie was born, I immediately saw his “fathering” in action and was completely blessed far beyond expectation! Because of my diabetes my “birthing experience” took quite a toll on my body. Addalie was in the NICU immediately after she was born & I was not well enough to go see her or care for her until a few days after she was born. However, Scott rose to the challenge and when he was not at my bedside, he was down in the NICU with Addalie. The nurses gave him a crash course on babies and he ended up teaching me almost everything in those first few days of parenting.

In the past 8 months, not much has changed. Scott is one of the most patient and optimistic people that I know. So if there is a challenge, he almost always has quick encouragement and truth on his tongue. There hasn’t been a single time when I have asked for his help that he hasn’t happily dropped whatever he was doing to assist me.

I could not ask for a greater helpmate and I am thrilled to continue down this journey of parenting & marriage with him. As far as I am concerned, Addalie has the Best Daddy in the Whole Wide World! Happy Father’s Day Scott! I love you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy fathers day scott. scott has waited to be a father for so long, we knew he had a fathers heart and i am blessed to watch your little family grow & blossom and to see the joy that addalie has brought you and scott.
savor every moment.

Moriah Freeman said...

aww....what great pics of them ang!....he is a great dad.....can't wait to see what he will be like when addie is my age!:):)

<3
Moriah

Blog Archive