Wednesday, April 14, 2010

I'm Leavin On A Jet Plane......

So for years my sister has been traveling to the Bahamas to take pictures........& for years, I've been waiting for the timing to be "right" to go with her. & ta-daaaa! we are off!! tomorrow morning bright & early we will both board our separate planes. Her from Denver-me from Philly & we will fly SOUTH!!!! We are shooting a wedding on in the Bahamas on Saturday & returning home on Monday.
I can't remember ever taking a trip with just my sister!! I can't even imagine what uninterrupted talk will be like!!?? (we haven't seen each other in person for 1 1/2 years) Will we even be able to sleep?? or will we chat the nights away??? Not to mention the beautiful beaches & fabulous Bahamian food that await. And, what I am MOST looking forward to is the wedding!! Yes, it will be hard work...& we will be on our feet (in uncomfortable shoes) for hours...& yes, it will be hot & sweaty...but I CAN'T wait to capture images together! It is high on the list of my most favorite things in life--to take pictures with my sister!!! Sara & I are opposites in a lot of ways, but despite that we are best friends & we fit together so well when we have cameras in hand....So- I'm sure the time away will fly past us quickly (except for when we are missing our kiddos & husbands) But the next couple of days will hold memories & adventures for sure!
Cheers!!!

4 comments:

beckarecka said...

How exciting! Have a great time! I hope you'll post some pictures when you're back. safe travels.

Shar said...

How envious I am! Maybe you will next a 3rd photographer next time? :) Have such an amazing time!

The Heitlands said...

Wow, girl. Sounds like an amazing opportunity! Guess that's why you weren't at the CG ladies meeting this morning. Hope you have a blast.

vern smoker said...

good for you girl. You sooo deserve sista time.

Blog Archive