Yesterday, Scott headed down to the Phillies home opener with Todd & Alicia & Jill. I was debating on going & decided that I needed to attend to my "motherly duties" instead. (I am leaving for the Bahamas in about 36 hours...& couldn't bare the thought of making Addalie stay w/a babysitter last night since she'll be tossed around quite a bit while I am in the Bahamas.) So....as I was saying, they were at the game have a grand old time...perfect weather, perfect seats (5 rows off of the field)...& the Phillies won! Scott kinda knew the man that was sitting behind him & was talking to him abit....it turned out that this guy had 4 tickets to the 76er's game (which started about 45 minutes after the Phillies game ended.) & HE GAVE THEM TO THEM!!!! (valued at $500) So, they happily walked across the street & found their "free seats" 3 ROWS OFF OF THE COURT!!! They were in their glory. To top it all off, it was "fan appreciation night" & Scott won a $100 gift card for Sketchers.
When Scott called me & told me all of this, the first thing that I was reminded of was the verse in
Luke 6:38~
"give, & it will be given to you. Good measure, pressed down, shaken together, running over, will be put into your lap. For with the measure you use it will be measured back to you."
Scott has been such an example to me of this. He is ALWAYS giving to people!!! Usually more then I think that we can even afford....but so often I see God blessing him in random ways. (Just yesterday before the game there was a situation where Scott generously gave.) So often- it may appear that "he's lucky" etc. But I get to see how much he himself gives & the heart that he has to bless others. & I'm not trying to brag on my husband, because honestly, I am challenged by his example. It is a blessing to watch the Lord give Scott "good measure"!

Phillies game above.....76er's game below!
No comments:
Post a Comment