I am a bit behind on my blogging....but here is Mother's Day 2010:
My husband is great at remembering/celebrating/planning/perfect-gift giving etc. No matter what the holiday or occasion, he is ALWAYS prepared & ready to celebrate. I was showered with LOVE on Mother's Day! Thank you Scott & Addalie (& mom) for making this "almost always emotional holiday" a special one for me. =) On Sunday morning when I woke up Addalie & Scott were making me breakfast....complete with fresh flowers & a beautiful card!!!
& inside the card was A GIFT CARD TO THE BEST SPA IN TOWN!!! (my opinion of course, but everytime we go anywhere i "test" out other places & hands down The Intercourse Spa is still my favorite!! for all of you non-Lancasterians....(because I'm slowly realizing how many non-Lanc. people are reading my blog =)).........Intercourse is a town here...)
Anyways...after Addalie said "Happy Mother's Day Mom" at least 30 times (*so sweet*) we headed off to church (where she kept whispering "Happy Mother's Day" to me) =)
(side note: when she was in my womb--i felt her 1rst movement on Mother's Day)
After church Scott would not tell me where we were going....but we ended up at one of my FAVORITE resturants & my mom was there to meet us!
Mom-It was an honor to spend the afternoon & evening with you. I am BLESSED BEYOND WORDS by your care in my life. LOVE YOU SO MUCH!
Like I mentioned, Mother's Day has been an emotional holiday for me-for many reasons & for many years. This year...I was particaulary L O N G I N G to hold my China doll!!! Even though I haven't met her yet, I feel like a part of my heart is not here.....It is there.....Can't wait to "mother" her & all that is to come.
(our "poor" china-girl is getting such a CRAZY sister.....)




No comments:
Post a Comment