Packing is happening! in 4 days we will be flying out of JFK. in one week we will meet our girlie!
We are excited along with so many other emotions!
The prayer request would be for Addie. She is such a sweetie & is truly excited/thrilled to go & get Jyla. However, her little mind & body doesn't quite know how to process it all....which I can totally understand...my little mind doesn't either! =)
She has been really struggling w/bladder control....(& that's probably enough said...you get the picture!) however, a few days ago I took her to the Dr. to make sure she didn't have a bladder infection. I was NOT wanting to be taking her to the potty every 20 minutes on the plane or having to deal with "accidents" all day long while traveling (both of which were happening.) I figured if it was a bladder infection, w/her kidney situation having it left untreated (without antibiotics in China) could be serious & NO FUN!
So-took her to the dr. & No, she does not have a bladder infection- but the doctor said that Addalie is probably unsure of how to handle all of her emotion/anxiety/the changes that are coming & stress etc. & somehow that is all connected to her brain telling her that she has to pee. People are constantly asking her if she is "ready to go to China & be a big sister"...which is good...just overwhelming her.
Also she has been having trouble sleeping at night...she just lays in bed for hours with her eyes wide open....her mind is racing....not wanting me to leave her side.
So, with increased accidents ( equals laundry) & not much sleep she & i are both tired & probably more emotional......maybe that's why scott asked me to send out a prayer request?? =)) maybe we are driving him crazy? =))
Also, I can't help but think about Jyla's foster parents as their time is winding down with her. I am so thankful for them & the home/love that they have given her. Please pray for the transition: for them & Jyla & us too.
this picture has nothing to do w/any of that....but rather with the last days of summer. Addalie loves to help husk the corn. for us it truly feels like summer is winding down because when we get back fall will be here!
thanks for your prayers~
Saturday, August 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
- August (2)
- July (9)
- June (3)
- May (12)
- April (3)
- March (10)
- February (13)
- January (10)
- December (9)
- November (7)
- October (10)
- September (12)
- August (13)
- July (6)
- June (12)
- May (10)
- April (13)
- March (16)
- February (8)
- January (11)
- December (8)
- November (11)
- October (18)
- September (38)
- August (12)
- July (21)
- June (16)
- May (15)
- April (11)
- March (9)
- February (10)
- January (6)
- December (9)
- November (13)
- October (13)
- September (7)
- August (10)
- July (10)
- June (9)
- May (14)
- April (5)
- March (5)
- February (5)
- January (5)
- December (6)
- November (2)
- October (7)
- September (7)
- August (12)
- July (5)
- June (11)
- May (8)
- April (10)
- March (8)
- February (8)
.jpg)
9 comments:
We will be praying for you all ~ now and as you go. I sympathize with you all and understand how the bladder control problem can work with young ones . . . something we faced for a while with the little foster girls my family used to have~and it always happened during uncertain times or something too big for little people to understand. And it just takes patience on your part . . . not to make a big deal out of it, which can be hard!
So excited for you all to bring home your "baby". Our other friends/family adopting will also be on their way to bring their "baby" home very soon too. God bless and keep you all, and give you much, much grace.
Oh, and "D", although he was younger when "C" was born, also went COMPLETELY "backwards" on all his potty training. And not just pee. I couldn't believe it! But it all straightened out when our life settled back down and returned to the new normal.
We will surely be praying for you guys!
Praying and thinking of you so much...
This post really touched my heart, Ang. I have been thinking so much about you all.
I will definitely pray for your sweet Addalie. I just can't wait to see pics of her with her sister when you finally have her home and everyone can begin to get settled into your new life together. I'm just so happy for you all.
Lots of love and hugs, Ang.
be e.c.o.u.r.a.g.e.d.! and t.e.n.d.e.r.h.e.a.r.t.e.d.! :) smiles of course. campbell is now having accidents and we are not hopping a plane, or getting a baby sis. :) we are not doing anything out of the ordinary, she just wants to spice my life up a bit. ;) and all my babes regressed when we did get a new babe. all is well. she will adjust so great. have such a great trip. we are thinking and praying for you so much! love you. mis.
Thinking of you! Its a huge transition for all four of you. I'll be praying for much strength and grace during the next weeks--for yourselves and each other.
You have our PRAYERS!!!!!
We're praying for you, Ang! It's exciting, but I can't imagine all of the emotions involved. I agree that once things settle down Addalie will be right back to her usual potty-going ways. Jude was potty trained and then got really sick...and it was all over. Somehow he was associating going to the bathroom with the horror of being sick. But, once some distance was established from the sickness and things resumed to "normal" (is there such a thing) he start going again and we never looked back. Don't be discouraged! I ADORE Addalie...she is so special. I'm glad that she and Kate will grow up together.
Safe travels. Grace to you!
Love,
Julie
Post a Comment