Monday, September 13, 2010

Monday

1-2.  At bfast.  Jyla loves cheerios....if we sit her in her own chair w/cheerios in front of her....she is fine (even though she can't see over the table very far)  anything else:  she scrambles back to Scott's lap. 
 
3.  she had 3 shots this AM.  (her little band-aid on the arm.)  thank you for praying.  everything went very well considering the situation!  we walked into the clinic (which immediately Jyla remembered...she is EXTRA fearful of doctors/nurses...we think because of her cleft lip repair...she has some bad memories of hospitals etc.)  Anyways, the clinic was packed to the gills w/chinese citizens & about 35 other adoption families.....all waiting to get shots.  I literally could hardly walk!  but, because we had already gotten 3 shots last week, we had paid for everything then...& so this morning we were moved to the FRONT of the line for Jyla's shots! PTL!!  There were lots of Chinese w/face masks on....didn't know if it was because they were "sick" or just trying to stay healthy??  Regardless we were happy to be done!
 
4.  fountain where we feed some fish this morning.
5.  Squeaky Shoes!!!!!!  Lots of kids have them here!  They have a "squeaker" in the heal of them...so when the child walks, they squeak!    yes, the do get annoying & loud after awhile...but you can take the "squeaker" out of the shoe.  Kids LOVE them.  I have been looking & looking for some that fit Adds...(they were all too small, but finally this AM we found some matching ones for both girls.)  They are both all smiles.  (+ they only cost $4.)
 
*We are doing well.  Tomorrow we are going to visit the True Children's Home where Jyla stayed.  (short version of her history:  she was "found" on the street at a couple of days old, taken to an orphanage, from there she was placed in this small Children's Home where she recieved EXCELLANT individual care, had cleft lip repair, was placed in foster care soon after.)   Her foster parents are coming to the Home to meet us.  I am nervous just thinking about it.   I know it will be amazing!  I prayed that we'd be able to meet her foster parents as that is something that doesn't really happen w/adoptions here anymore....Scott thought it was silly that I even had hopes to meet them.  =)  But how kind of God to allow this.  Scott & I will meet w/them serperately so that Jyla won't be in contact w/them...that would be too hard for her to see them again.  We have so many questions to ask...some of them practical.. like what does she drink out of?  (right now she is hardly drinking...she will drink out of the lid to our water bottles) & what does she eat (she is a picky eater!) etc.  & then also we will ask questions about her surgery/mouth & history etc. 
It will be emotional I'm sure!  I will take as many pics as possible! 
 
*On a different note we are thoroughly enjoying our time here.  The days are passing quickly.  Alot of the families that we have met are so anxious to go home..& we are too...(we miss you all) but we are really trying to take in the culture of this place.  Like I said before we are on  a small island.  The
"Asian Games" are going to be here in a few months so they are totally renovating things & making everything very pretty.  (you may have noticed lots of pics. of gardens/fountains etc.)  Because of this, starting Sept. 1 the gov. now requires that all foreigners carry their passport w/them AT ALL times!  when we got here there was a family who didn't have their passports w/them & the police stopped them on the street & made them go to jail until their adoption agency could find their passports in their hotel room.  And then they gave them a whopping fine!  This morning Scott, Adds, Jyla & I were walking...my mom went a seperate direction & we were stopped by the police for our passports!!!!!!   I was nervous as my mom had Addalie's w/her....but thankfully they were fine w/just Scott & I's. 
 
*The US Consolate is here (i think) & so there are lots of adoptions families here....We've made many friends w/other families from all over the US as we are on this journey together.  My mom & Scott & I have been so affected by the "love" that we see in these families.  Everywhere we go....we see people who are completely loving these orphans & calling them their own!  Almost all of these children have some kind of difficulty or need....as traditional Chinese adoptions are a 4-5 yr. wait right now.  We have such a bond w/other parents..some of who have been here before & have returned to adopt another child. 
 
*Jamie (& Jena)- Jyla is LOVING the Ergo!  We are certain that she was carried in something like this...because she is completely comfortable in it!  Thank you!
 
~love from all of us, to all of you~
 

10 comments:

Carol said...

I love the girls shoes. So cute!
Jyla looks so sweet. I'm so happy for you guys. Keeping you all in my prayers. Oh and how precious you got to hold Jyla. God is good all the time.

Carol said...

Ooops didn't leave my name.
Carol Miranda I am. =)

cynthia haughery said...

Will be praying for your meeting with her foster family. This is so very wonderful!!!

Cynthia

Anonymous said...

Yeah for Cheerios !!!! And matching squeaky shoes they look really cute and I'm sure this is helping Jyla to feel that she is a part of this wonderful family!! Praying, praying!

Pauline is hilarious!! But you never know with those 2 James might have really installed a squatty potty!! : o

The gang did a really good job with cheese steak sunday. Served over 475 steaks and lot's of hotdogs!
We missed our commander and chief, but the troops really pulled through!

Dawn

Unknown said...

hey...so can you grab me 3 pairs of squeaky shoes. :) totally kidding, but that's so cool. i am sure matt would throw them out the window first chance he got. enjoy the warm weather...mis.

Michele Book said...

We were away for a few days (and no computer)...so exciting to come back and read about all of the progress! Continuing to pray for all of you! And I love the squeaky shoes..how cute!

sentz said...

we keep reading the updates and love seeing the pictures. last night i should myla the pictures. she kept wanting to see addalie. i was so excited when i saw the picture of you and jyla. how sweet! when we go to bed we pray for your day and we when rise and at lunch we are praying for rest and sound sleep.

i am so glad that the ergo is working and that jyla likes it. scott must like having two hands free :)
thanks for the updates.

love much-jamie

Amy said...

Hey Ang- I've been completely deliquent with leaving you comments, but I've been following your journey every day! It makes me feel like a small part of me is experiencing this with you! Enjoy your last few days in China and we'll look forward to welcoming you back to the States soon!
With love,
Ame

Anonymous said...

We drove past your house today and the kids were so excited when they realized you would be back in 3 days. I hope you are enjoying your last few days in China. We continue to pray for the transitional adjustments and praise God for the evidence of trust that is already being built. WE MISS YOU!

Pauline

P.S. I'll tell James he needs to wrap up his project. I think he said something about just creating a fountain out of it since there were to many complications as a "squatty potty" just think of the conversation piece this will be :)

Becky said...

we were on vacation last week and i kept thinking of you. i was so excited to return to my computer to read your updates, from back to front. i read with tears in my eyes. how dear is your little jyla! and what a precious sister addalie is! i am delighted to see that you have a carrier for scott and i will be praying that your arms will be full of snuggles. i will pray for uneventful and safe travels.

Blog Archive