Saturday, December 17, 2011

Addalie-4 years

In October Addalie & Jyla celebrated their birthdays!
I know that this is now December (about 2 months later)
but I was so busy taking pictures for other people this fall
& I haven't had the chance to work on  Addalie's 4yr. old photos.
So-
I did a little photo shoot of Jyla on the beach.
For Addalie, we went to the park that we've been going to for the past couple of years
to do her birthday pics.
We got the traditional "growing tree" shot.

 

When I came home that day & did a quick look at these images...
something happened to my heart.
All of a sudden as I looked at her eyes & her smile I realized that she is growing up.
Not just that she is groooowing...
but that she has grown up.
She is not my toddler anymore.  She is becomming a little lady!
And it was also around that time that she started writing words on her own..no one ever really taught her.
SLOW DOWN please!
God used these things to speak to me.
To give me clear direction and to make specific decisions regarding my time.
So very soon-she will be in school.
every day-all day.
& then not far behind will be Jyla.
I want to treasure these days at home with them.
And not give competition to these days with "other" things.
I know every mom is in a unique season as they parent...I am not speaking to others...
...just sharing what God did in my heart.


 

 She really wanted to do the "this is how old i am" picture.


Addalie has been such a source of joy.
Especially this past year.
(I can't write this without tears.)
She has been a profound example to me of love & patience.
We still have some really hard days around here with her little sister.
I don't write about it much because I'm not sure how beneficial it is to publish...
both now & for the future when my girls can look back on this blog. 
But, I think it's accurate to say that we are all still transitioning with Jyla.
And time after time, Addalie has been steadfast & loyal in her kindness.
Even when she is hurt physically or emotionally-she turns the other cheek.
Why....does it seem so easy for her...when I (the adult in this situation) can struggle so much?





 

~Addalie Joy~
I love you.  Your name is telling as you exude with love & JOY to all you meet.
Happy Be-lated 4th Birthday.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL!
I still remember when you told me you were pregnant and how my heart soared with JOY!
I remember us both trying to get pregnant, for months on end and the disappointment our hearts felt as we could not.....eventually I did get pregnant and I remember how you were so comforting to me after Logan died and understanding how my mother heart was grieving.
our children have brought such JOY into our lives and did NOT come easily for either of us and I know there is a depth to our parenting that many don't experience, because of what we have experienced.
i celebrate with you.

OH HAPPY DAY!

Anonymous said...

PS - can your girls be any cuter?
i declare they CAN NOT!

The Heitlands said...

What a precious, darling girl you have there.

sentz said...

i love how God has given you your two girls and how they do give you joy. i love the picture of addalie resting her chin on her hands. and i would agree that she looks so grown up!

tines said...

she *is* a special girl, no doubt! LOVE her!!!! beautiful pics...beautiful girl. xo

Jena said...

this post touched my heart deeply on a couple levels.
Grateful for you and yours.

Stacy Stoltzfus said...

Ang, What beautiful pictures of Addalie! Your right, she is growing up so fast! I loved reading what you had to say about her....sweet post.

Jack and Gina Plain said...

Addalie IS such a sweet little one. What an example and inspiration to us, as you said! She does remind me of my Adalie in many ways.

Blog Archive